At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. Every day, our papers, films, and nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
Currently we have a need for a EH&S Coordinator at our Roanoke, VA location.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The EH&S Coordinator provides plant level tactical support regarding environmental, health and safety related activities ensuring compliance with SWM policies, federal, state and local laws. The position supports the execution of safety initiatives for assigned location(s).
- Inspection of first aid and hearing protection cabinets
- Orders and restocks safety supplies
- Schedules and collects data from Internal Safety Inspections
- Tracks and inputs monthly safety performance results into systems for EH&S reports
- Point of contact for hourly workforce with regards to EH&S concerns and reports unsafe conditions or behaviors to Plant Leader(s)
- Audits Monthly Safety Training records to ensure completion
- Serves as Chairman for Safety Committee
- Speaks as the Safety professional to share EH&S news with other teams in group meetings
- Audits safe work procedures and reports compliance with established guidelines
- Leads or participates in the investigation of Recordable Injury, First Aid and Near Miss incidents and makes recommendations for improvements, if applicable
- Conducts safety training; including New Employee Orientation, Internal Safety Inspections and other supplemental EH&S training programs in support of the operation
- Serves as Confined Space Attendant or Fire Watch as needed
- Approver for New, Unsafe or Relocated Inspection release procedure
- Coordinates with Maintenance Supervisor for prioritization of safety-related Maintenance and facilities projects to be reported to Plant Leadership
- Provides emergency first aid as needed and serves as the leader of the Emergency Action team including the site emergency plans
- Audits cleanliness of facility
- Ensures visitors and contractors understand the SWM EH&S policies
- Supports safe work practices of new or altered equipment by participating as a member of the commissioning team
- Travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years related experience in a manufacturing operation preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Manufacturing experience in supporting safety initiatives is preferred.
- Specific training in OSHA, emergency response, basic first aid, CPR and use of an AED preferred
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Collaboration and delegation skills
- Flexible to change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Project Management and prioritization abilities
- Ability to operate calmly during a crisis situation
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]