We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have made SWM a global leader for decades.
We are looking for hand-on, safety-focused and problem-solving oriented individuals who want to grow with our company. Sound like you? If so, reach out to us and apply today.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Process Engineer located at our high profile Minneapolis Plant location!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process
- Evaluate, make recommendations and improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Make recommendations and develop innovative solutions regarding equipment upgrades and product changes including customer product issues, quality issues, alternative product options and cost reductions
- Partners with customers, sales and operations to improve existing products and commercialize new products and processes through product manufacturing.
- Improve process capability and production volume while maintaining and improving quality standards.
What’s required for this role?
- BS in Engineering (preferably chemical, polymer/plastic, or mechanical) plus 3 years of manufacturing experience required. Hands-on plastics extrusion/processing experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge of polymer and converting process
- Ability to understand and implement World Class manufacturing
- Data analysis such as Six-Sigma
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interaction, collaboration and presentation skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Strong project management skills to deliver results on time and on budget
- ISO knowledge
- Ability to apply statistical process/quality control
What SWM Offers?
- Competitive starting pay and comprehensive wellness benefits package, including 401(k) match, holiday pay and personal paid time off.
- A commitment to your safety – SWM provides personal protective equipment (PPE) essential to working safely.
- On-the-job training ensuring that you have the skills needed to be successful and grow.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]