General Utility - 3rd Shift
The Manufacturing General Utility - 3rd Shift position is responsible for performing all tasks associated with supporting manufacturing operations on the laminator and in finishing/converting. Responsibilities include transporting and staging rolls, threading of machines, performing quality checks, and general housekeeping.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 11pm-7am plus an occasional Saturday. Must have flexibility to work other shifts as needed. Opportunities to move to other shifts with seniority.
- Assist Sheeter Operator and Paster Operator as necessary
- Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing product.
- Operate all material handling equipment in a safe and productive manner.
- Conduct self and job tasks in a safe manner following proper work procedures
- General housekeeping, keep work area and machinery clean, neat, organized and free of any safety hazards
- Follow all safety rules and wear all required safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Skillsets:
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D) or up to one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic mathematical skills
- Basic computer skills and use of computer concepts.
- Ability to understand and follow operating/job procedures
- Ability to work a variety of shifts and overtime.
- Ability to work safely in a fast-paced environment and stay focused when slow
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to support co-workers
- Ability to safely operate a clamp or fork truck
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to keep neat and accurate records
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Ability to fully understand the quality requirements of products and his/her role in ensuring quality
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement and volume.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]