Maintenance Mechanic Class C
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, and nets and non-wovens are used in a diverse range of products, applications and industries around the world. As experts in highly engineered materials made from fibers, resins and polymers, we provide solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity available for a Maintenance Mechanic Class C in our high profile Minneapolis, MN union plant location.
- Follow all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble and may start devices to test their performance.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts and lubricates and cleans parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Repairs electrical equipment.
Associates Degree from a college, university, or technical school; 2-3+ years related experience and/or training; recent technical school graduates with required certifications are encouraged to apply
Certifications (need 2-3):
-Machining (Plasma CNC, Milling, Lathing)
-2 to 3+ years industrial maintenance experience
-Basic math skills
-Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions
-Ability to work independently
-Strong communication skills
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]