Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers' most complex challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager at our high profile Minneapolis, MN location within our Advanced Materials and Structures business.
The EHS Manager will provide environmental, health, and safety leadership to assigned operations and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with federal, state and local laws. The position will be responsible for leading regulatory programs and implementing safety and health training programs.
- Implement safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by Mativ and all regulatory agencies.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at designated locations to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Lead audit programs at designated location
- Responsible for investigations of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
- Manage worker’s compensation cases
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with Mativ policies and safety requirements.
- Maintain and update as needed all OSHA required forms, programs and work instructions for safe work practices and equipment and utilize them in day to day training.
- Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that EHS policies and procedures are implemented and working as intended.
- Conduct employee safety orientations; emergency response training; and facilitate required and supplemental safety training programs for the operation.
- Lead coordination of inspections by regulatory agencies, ensure deficiencies are minimized and corrected and present findings and corrections to the organization.
- Lead plant safety committees, monitor action item status and coordinate activities as required to support the needs of the committee.
- Maintain all logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
- Lead investigations, reviews and communication regarding accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility.
- Partner with Human Resources on new hire employee orientations.
- Additional duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s Degree in a Safety Science, Safety Engineering, Industrial Hygiene or a related discipline required plus 5-7 years’ experience in EHS and manufacturing operations or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional Safety certification(s) strongly preferred.
- Manufacturing experience required
- Union experience preferred
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internally and externally
- Collaboration and delegation skills
- Flexible to change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Solid leadership presence
- Project Management and prioritization abilities
- Computer skills
- Availability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Strong passion for Safety
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]