CNC Lathe Machinist - 2nd shift - ***$1500.00 Sign-On Bonus***
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible for the full cycle of machine operation from set up to the end product; working on 2nd shift.
- Sets up CNC machining equipment, together with related equipment, attachments and prescribed jigs and fixtures.
- Setup, startup and shutdown of machines according to procedures
- Must be able to make offsets, work with multiple tooling, and various materials including metals
- Works from drawings, specifications and instructions to determine operational sequence, tooling and material requirements.
- Check quality throughout shift using measuring tools like calipers, micrometers, height gage, bore gage, and groove micrometers.
- Ability to read blueprints and run job to order specifications
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed
- Maintain and lubricate machines
- Cross train on other machines and in other areas of the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required with 1+ years related experience or a combination of education and experience. Work experience in a machine shop or manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Regularly required to use hands and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to listen, watch and troubleshoot machine for malfunctions
- Periodic lifting or moving of up to 50lbs
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment with excellent communication
- While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]