Associate Manager, Financial Business Systems
The Associate Manager, Financial Business Systems is a key role that supports the corporate financial business systems including OneStream and Blackline, and serves as a business system expert for the company’s global Blackline platform.
The position applies a mix of analytical, functional, and technical skills to develop and implement innovative solutions that further continuous process improvement and business initiatives.
- Support global business application administration and maintenance for the Blackline platform including account reconciliations, tasks, journals, cash application, intercompany hub and matching modules.
- Serve as the Blackline platform subject matter expert for support and maintenance of features, accounting processes, and other enhancement projects or solutions.
- Support OneStream critical financial activities including monitoring and evaluating business unit financial submissions, guiding business unit finance teams on process topics, identifying and investigating data errors and discrepancies, performing data validations and corrections to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Oversee and provide maintenance of metadata structures, application instances, report creation and maintenance, new release and enhancement projects, user access, and training.
- Identify, analyze, design, and maintain cost-effective and efficient application development solutions that align with business initiatives and corporate strategies.
- Assist with the design and maintenance of security frameworks and provide user administration including setup of new users, assigning role and access levels, removal and change requests.
- Create and maintain system, process, internal control and change management documentation and ensure application of established governance processes and controls.
- Develop collaborative relationships with business unit users to understand improvement opportunities as well and areas of standardization within and between business units and functions.
- Support the implementation of ongoing improvements/enhancements to the financial system platforms and related closing and data collection processes; drive process improvements and leverage technical capabilities to simplify and streamline financial close activities.
- Support critical financial activities including monitoring and evaluating status of modules during the month end close, guiding business unit finance teams on technical/process topics, identifying and investigating data errors and discrepancies, performing data validations and corrections; provide the most effective and efficient process and tools for data loading during corporate month end close.
- Support the development, deployment and maintenance of financial reports and dashboards including the collection of end user requirements and building reports to their specification in compliance with management approvals and controls.
- Support enterprise-wide end users on training and functionalities to facilitate financial data mining for analysis, inquiries and ad hoc reporting.
- Support other corporate financial business systems as needed including the OneStream consolidation system.
- Ensure preservation of historical data integrity.
- Maintain an understanding of the business finance reporting requirements: GAAP, Statutory, Consolidations, Segment, and Tax needs and how users leverage and use information to run functions.
- Support corporate financial business system audits and SOX compliance requirements.
- Serve as liaison and partner with IT, and provide support to other corporate business systems as requested.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum of 6+ years experience in a corporate reporting environment.
- Proficient with Blackline functionality and administration
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles along with accounting and financial close processes
- Excellent change control process management skills, including knowledge of SOX compliance requirements
- Experience working in a multinational environment
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage through complexity
- Must be a team player and be able to handle multiple assignments with deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to execute with follow through
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Blackline certifications or administrator training preferred
- Experience with Oracle and SAP systems preferred
- Experience with OneStream, BCP, HFM, FDM, Hyperion Planning or Essbase preferred
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]