CDL-Class A Truck Driver- Filtrexx
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Perform both pre-trip & post-trip inspections, fill out all required paperwork and file with the Maintenance Department.
- Have General Maintenance knowledge to trouble shoot any Mechanical issues in the field.
- Follow all pre-planned routes to comply with all designated “Haul Route” and “School Curfews” and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Properly loads and unloads trucks and truck trailers each day.
- Must follow all safety rules when delivering to Gas & Oil jobsites. Most safety rules are “site specific”.
- Participate in all Safety meetings i.e. monthly safety meetings and Monday morning toolbox talks.
- Report to their supervisors any unsafe conditions, near misses or accidents.
- Follows safety rules when operating equipment.
- Fork Lift
- Skid Steer
- Semis- Lowboys- requires a Class A
- Semi- Flatbed- requires a Class A
- Straight Truck Hydroseeders/Water Trucks- requires Class B PLUS a Tanker Endorsement
- Straight Truck Rollback/flatbed- requires a Class B
- Must be able to throw and tighten straps/chains on all loads.
- Must have the the ability to climb up on loads via 3 points of contact to remove straps if needed.
- Must be able to easily traverse unlevel or slippery ground and work in muddy conditions.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid commercial driver’s license; CDL Class A required; Air Brake endorsement required.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Must be able to pass Driver Road Test
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive required hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Clean driving record with no moving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background check and DOT drug checks
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Must be able to read and follow routine specifications.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]