Senior Corporate Reporting Analyst
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE: SWM) (“SWM” or “the Company”) is a publicly-traded leading global performance materials company, focused on bringing best-in-class innovation, design, and manufacturing solutions to our customers. Our highly engineered films, adhesive tapes, foams, nets, nonwovens, and papers are designed and manufactured using resins, polymers, and natural fibers for a variety of industries and specialty applications. SWM and its subsidiaries manufacture on four continents, conduct business in over 90 countries and employ approximately 5,000 people worldwide. SWM operates in two business segments, Advanced Materials & Structures and Engineered Papers. For the fiscal year 2020, consolidated revenues were over $1 billion.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Corporate Reporting Analyst is a highly visible role that provides corporate and business unit management with timely and accurate financial information and analyses to facilitate sound business decisions. The position supports the month end close and consolidation processes including ad hoc reporting and analysis of consolidated results.
The individual must be highly motivated and a self starter, able to develop professional relationships with various business partners across all levels, as well as analyze and decipher finance and accounting data to accurately perform reporting obligations. He/she must be able to identify problems and develop innovative solutions to further efforts toward continuous process improvements as well as support internal controls and corporate financial policies.
This is an exciting opportunity to utilize financial expertise in a challenging, rewarding and creative environment.
- Provide accurate and timely consolidated financial statements and analyses on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Prepare and analyze financial results which could include ad hoc reporting
- Assist with preparation and review of SEC and other external reporting including press release, 10K, 10Q, and other government reports
- Provide guidance on technical accounting matters and corporate policies to assist business units globally in their reporting responsibilities
- Initiate, lead and/or actively participate in special projects that meet the needs of customers, enhance efficiencies and streamline department processes and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, adjust to changing conditions and enhance internal controls
- Maintain process documentation and policies to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established financial controls
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing responsibilities including preparing journal entries, and performing balance sheet account reconciliations for complex accounting areas
- Provide oversight and support to the intercompany accounting and elimination process
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for consolidation application functionality and general usage including global support of consolidation process and related reporting processes
- System administration support of corporate financial systems
- Participate in researching and documenting technical accounting analyses of complex transactions, documenting accounting policies, and monitoring and implementing new accounting standards within corporate accounting
- Maintain an understanding of the business finance reporting requirements: GAAP, Statutory, Consolidations, Segment, and Tax needs and how users leverage and use information to run functions
- Coordinate with external auditors to provide requested information
- Provide additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA required, 5+ years of experience
- Experience in a multinational public company and/or a “Big 4” accounting firm is preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Consolidation systems experience; OneStream or HFM preferred
- Experience with BlackLine Systems is beneficial
- Aptitude for systems, processes and driving continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem solving capability
- Ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and deadlines
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]