Regional Sales Manager
We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
We have an opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager in our Advanced Materials and Structures business. This person would reside in/near the NE portion of the US, close to major airports.
- Accountable for development and implementation of the strategy for the assigned accounts, engaging all necessary internal & external associates to execute against customer and internal stakeholder commitments.
- Coordinates all customer contact, communication and product development for the strategy promoted to the customer.
- Establish new customers and follow up on leads assigned for current product offerings as well as new developing markets and products.
- Develops deep relationships with strategic levels of customer management, primarily in the areas of central purchasing, manufacturing, planning, quality, marketing, and research & development in order to have an intimate view of the customer’s position and strategic objectives.
- Act as the primary liaison between the customer and internal functional teams to organize support from research & development, operations, finance, supply chain and others globally to provide the support necessary to achieve customer goals.
- Negotiate contract with the customer to the benefit of SWM while responding to customer expectations and requirements.
- Act as the voice of customer with internal stakeholders.
- Participate in the sales strategy for local affiliates of global accounts under the leadership of the Global and Regional Commercial Directors.
- Developing objectives, policies and programs to coordinate and manage cross-functional teams to match sales objectives for assigned account.
- Maintain an appropriate product and specification portfolio and strategic technical product development program for SWM products as it relates to customer strategic objectives.
- Bring customer insight and feedback in to the S&OP process to ensure forecast accuracy and adequate volume planning.
- Responsible for managing sales representatives.
- Responsible for growing the business and setting up the infrastructure for continued growth.
- 40-50% domestic travel required.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (B.S Engineering) or equivalent experience in the plastics industry.
- MBA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in sales, business development or product development for assigned products.
- Customer exposure with demonstrated ability to build networks within SWM
- Technical product knowledge and an understanding of the organization’s asset capability
- Exception written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of industry trends
- Analytical skills and business acumen
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]