ROLE TITLE – Technician
JOB FAMILY –Technical Department
BUSINESS UNIT –Healthcare
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
KEY PURPOSE OF ROLE
This position is responsible for maintaining production uptime during the shift, by troubleshooting repairing and maintaining equipment, as well as performing calibration, and facilities maintenance.
- Works in a responsive, organized, collaborative, and safe manner while performing all duties and assignments supporting the direction of the Technical Supervisor, and maintaining focus on company goals and objectives in carrying out daily duties with minimal supervision.
- Repairs and maintains all production equipment according to SOPs as required, to assure equipment safety, reliability, efficiency, and product quality.
- Effects safe and timely laminator tooling and packaging equipment set ups as needed.
- Supports machine operators during set up, and as needed during production runs, by troubleshooting laminator and packaging equipment problems as required.
- Maintains and responds to the requirements of the calibration and preventative maintenance system.
- Exploits planned machine downtime during their shift to perform routine maintenance, calibration, and facilities work as needed.
- Seeks out and completes all training required to support the development and progression of an effective Technical team.
- Recommend opportunities for process improvement.
- Projects as assigned.
- Maintains departmental organization and cleanliness of Tech shop and Technical department areas of the Cleanroom.
- Flexibility to cover and/or interchange between day and night shift as needed by the company (including but not limited to: cover for leaves of absence, vacation, position vacancy, etc.)
Specific Equipment Examples:
- Adco and IWK cartoners
- Videojet, Bell Mark, ATI, and Zebra /Datamax printers
- Sharp baggers
- Dorner conveyors
- 3M case sealers
- Hapa printing press
- Mettler Toledo checkweighers
- Baker Perkins and Jaygo mixers
- Krauss-Maffei extruders
- Automation Direct PLC
- ATS banding machines
- Ingersoll Rand air compressors
- Custom rotary die converting lines
- Exceptional ability to quickly analyze, assess, and correct process problems on converting, packaging, and support equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical components and systems, and the ability to conduct maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical circuits and controls, and ability to perform basic electrical troubleshooting and repairs.
- 2+ years experience in production or maintenance.
- Ability to work flexible schedules and overtime as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to read, write and speak English; bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a dynamic & diverse production environment.
- Ability to effectively use MS Office programs
- Ability to operate industrial lifting and material handling equipment, previous forklift and/ or motorized aerial work platform certification a plus
- Working knowledge and practical experience with hand and power tools.
- Possesses good team skills and demonstrates an energetic and customer focused attitude while carrying out daily duties with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of cGMP, ISO, and FDA regulations a plus.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Physically capable of performing tasks associated with the responsibilities, such as but not limited to:
- Frequent standing, walking, sitting, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; work on an elevated platform or surface; and talk, see and hear.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must frequently push or pull material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and or material carts carrying loads in excess of 1000lbs.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, electronics and other light industrial equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Also will perform tasks inside cleanroom and must follow cleanroom work instructions. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
PPE provided by Employer: Toe protection, safety glasses, hearing protection & specialized lifting equipment
This job description has been approved by:
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Date Documented Created:
Form Created 06/28/20221
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]