Extruder Machine Operator - 3rd Shift - $1500.00 Sign-On Bonus
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
From accessory materials for face shields and medical devices, to protective helmets for hospital workers, law enforcement and military, to support layers for filtration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) applications for clean drinking water – and much more, we are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve.
We have an opening for a 3rd Shift (evening) Extruder Operator at our El Cajon, CA location.
What you'll do:
The Extruder Operator is responsible for maintaining, controlling, operating and performing maintenance tasks on the extruder equipment.
- Follows all company established methods, policies, rules, practices, and procedures to ensure employee safety, product quality and efficient operations.
- Startup and shutdown line according to procedures
- Set up styles, including necessary adjustments, by use of set-up sheets/guidelines; pull samples from across web and use to determine sample test results.
- Ability to read blueprints and run job to order specifications
- Must be able to use measuring tools to ensure parts meet specification
- Adhere to all plant, safety and quality policies
- Cross train on other machines and in other areas of the plant.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
|Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions||Required|
|Basic math skills||Required|
|Basic computer skills||Required|
|Ability to write||Required|
|Attention to detail||Required|
|Ability to work in a team environment||Required|
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
One to three months related experience and/or training preferred. Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job the employee must: Be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds; Regularly required to use hands and stand for longs periods of time. Ability to listen and watch machine for malfunctions.
PPE: Employees are required to wear Personal Protective Equipment including; safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe, safety glasses, protective gloves when performing certain tasks, hearing protection when required, and other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
Work environment: While performing this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and loud noise areas
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]