Customer Service Representative
Summary of Responsibilities:
Serve customers, build relationships and ensure their satisfaction by providing product and service information; resolving product and service problems; accurately processing, expediting orders consistent with customer requirements; ensuring accurate transactions and documentation within guidelines and regulations set forth by customer, local and foreign governments and SWM. Manage customer info, databases and issue reports.
- Answer order inquiries, shipping information, pricing and other requested information in a timely manner.
- Open customer accounts by recording account information for new customers and maintain customer records by updating account information as required.
- Coordinate domestic, export or import shipments with customer requirements to facilitate prompt, economical delivery of products and promote customer satisfaction.
- Coordinate with local or foreign operations production and shipment schedules to service orders
- Assign accountable pricing, transportation costs where applicable and shipping schedules to incoming orders to promote efficient service to customers according to corporate policies.
- Review orders entered to ensure correct prices and order information to eliminate the possibility of error.
- Expedite in-process orders to coordinate efficient Plant operations with customer requirements.
- Maintain regular communication with customers and encourage updated forecasts and future orders.
- Arrange preparation and transmittal of all shipment documentation in accordance with government regulations and requirements of all stakeholders (customs, brokers, banks, carriers, customers, SWM, etc)
- Coordinate with all parties to ensure goods are in compliance with Customs, Tax and Legal obligations
- Collaborate to resolve product or service problems, immediately communicating to sales any complaint.
- Process authorized return of product and subsequent adjustments to provide customer with prompt credit and efficient resolution.
- When applicable, process, code and approve transportation AP invoices, transmit for payment and render all necessary monthly accrual information and submit to accounting
- Retain records as required by law or SWM policy, including but not limited to temporary export or import of items, for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and any other government agencies
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Communicate fully with all external and internal customers and suppliers. Be informative without being obtrusive. Communicate in way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- 3 - 5 years experience providing customer service preferably in a B2B environment
- Customer service driven
- Excellent communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Creative problem solving skills
- Strong math aptitude
- Familiarity with ERP and CRM systems and practices
- High School diploma required, preference for Bachelors degree in business or a related field
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]