Senior General Accountant- Sign-On BONUS!
At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in, and the products they improve. Every day our papers, films, nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have made SWM a global leader for decades.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior General Accountant is responsible for preparing financial statements, analyzing accounting data, and reconciling accounts to discuss with management.
This position supports a remote/hybrid flexible work arrangement.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries and documents financial transactions.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies, analyzing the account information.
- Recommends financial actions for entries and reconciliations based on accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by preparing financial reports as required.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information with trend analysis.
- Audits financial transactions with documentation and maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Provides support for internal and external audits; following SOX controls and GAAP regulations.
- Guides junior accounting staff, coordinating activities and answering financial questions.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with 5+ years of experience
- Attention to detail and Strong analytical skills
- Able to multi-task
- Demonstrate tact and sound judgment
- Must be discreet and have the ability to protect confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and fundamental knowledge of an Accounting environment
- Advanced EXCEL user
- ERP system experience
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE: SWM) (“SWM” or “the Company”) is a publicly traded, multinational, diversified engineered materials company which conducts business in over 90 countries and operates more than 40 production locations worldwide. Operating locations include the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Luxembourg, Brazil, China, India, Belgium and Poland. SWM operates in two business segments, Advanced Materials & Structures and Engineered Papers.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]