Financial Reporting Manager
The Financial Reporting Manager is a highly visible role supporting the preparation of required SEC filings and accompanying management analysis. The position also supports external audit coordination, accounting policy development, technical accounting analysis and other strategic project support.
This individual should be highly motivated, able to develop professional relationships with various business partners across all levels, as well as analyze and decipher finance and accounting data to accurately perform reporting obligations.
- Lead the preparation of annual and quarterly SEC filings, including compilation and maintenance of supporting documents for the financial statements and footnotes.
- Manage the SEC external reporting process including preparing and organizing the quarterly SEC reporting calendar, Disclosure Committee meetings, coordination with the external auditors, executives and members of the finance and legal departments as appropriate.
- Serve as primary point of contact for external auditors for all consolidated reporting matters.
- Analyze financial results and support preparation of Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Prepare other monthly and quarterly internal business reporting, including assistance with debt covenant compliance, balance sheet and cash flow analytics, other debt and treasury schedules as needed.
- Monitor rulemaking activity (FASB and SEC), evaluate the impact of changes and participate in implementation projects as required.
- Perform accounting research, document technical accounting positions, and provide guidance on complex accounting matters and corporate policies to assist business units globally in their reporting responsibilities.
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to improve efficiency, adjust to changing conditions and enhance internal controls.
- Maintain process documentation and policies to ensure accuracy, effectiveness and reliability of the established financial controls.
- Provide support to complex accounting areas such as derivatives, share based compensation, EPS calculations, impairment analysis, restructuring activities, and other tax and treasury initiatives and matters.
- Prepare or review journal entries and account reconciliations for certain complex corporate activities, as required.
- Provide training on policies and accounting guidance as needed.
- Provide additional duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required, 7+ years of experience in a national or large regional public accounting firm and global corporate reporting environment.
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP, SEC reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Ability to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate complex accounting and reporting positions
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and problem solving capability
- Aptitude for systems, processes and driving continuous improvement
- Reporting and Consolidation systems experience; Workiva and OneStream or HFM preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects, competing priorities, and deadlines
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions
- High-energy, self-motivated, team player
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]