Internal Audit Intern
Position Title: Audit Intern
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Intern Program Date: May 22nd, 2022 – August 11th, 2022
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
Summary of Responsibility:
Mativ is currently looking for an Audit Intern to join our team next summer. Our paid internship offers a well-rounded experience including: meaningful work, dedicated intern manager, community service, professional development and more. We are looking for a driven intern with a basic understanding of financial and accounting principles who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. At Mativ, you will have an opportunity to interact with numerous key stakeholders, gain an understanding of key business processes and help to drive audit department process improvements leaving a significant lasting impact.
- Assist the department in requesting audit support and testing SOX key controls
- Review process and control narratives and facilitate the process owner update process in the AuditBoard tool.
- Maintain the audit schedule with related updates, and organize files located on the department SharePoint site
- Participate in monthly team meetings to learn about ongoing SOX and operational audit projects, and to build relationships with all team members
- Contribute to the documentation of end-to-end process flows/narratives from discussions with process owners.Help to drive Internal Audit department process improvement efforts
- Support the development of presentations for Executive management and the board.
- Assist in the planning of kickoff, status, and closing meetings
Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Auditing with intent to pursue Masters in Accounting and become CPA or CIA. Minimum GPA 3.0.
- Proficient use of financial systems and analysis tools including Microsoft Office -Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Aptitude to learn new applications quickly (Workiva Wdesk).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
- Language: Foreign language proficiency a plus.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]