Human Resources Generalist
At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. Every day, our papers, films, and nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
We are looking for creative, results-oriented individuals who want to grow with our company, we’d love to hear from you!
Our company is growing, and so is our Human Resources Team!
As we continue to expand, we have a need for HR Generalists to support our manufacturing sites. Currently, we have an opening in New Berlin, Wisconsin.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is passionate about HR and able to effectively work both independently and collaboratively. The successful candidate will be energetic, motivated, and an excellent collaborator.
The Human Resources Generalist serves as an advisor and coach, providing both tactical and strategic HR support to employees, site leadership and HR team members. This individual partners with leaders to drive growth using sound HR knowledge in the areas of recruitment, change manager, performance management, employee relations and the execution of HR policies and processes.
- HR Leadership: Serve as primary contact for employees and managers to answer inquiries and provide HR support.
- Talent Acquisition: Lead and implement hiring activities for assigned groups. Ensure compliance with all company and legal guidelines. Conduct new employee orientation & on-boarding for assigned groups.
- Benefits: Assist in the administration of employee benefits, answering employee questions and resolving issues through communication with benefit vendors and insurance broker.
- Employee Engagement: Partner with site leadership to create and implement engagement strategies designed to maintain a positive, engaged working environment.
- Employee Relations: Provide guidance and support for supervisors and managers in progressive discipline/corrective actions to ensure they are conducted consistently and according to policy. Serve as a subject matter expert on employee relations, conducting investigations and resolving complex employee relations issues, including claims of harassment and/or discrimination. Manage and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Performance Management: Provide coaching and feedback to leaders on performance management and career development plans. Work closely with Human Resources Business Partner to ensure alignment.
- Policies & Procedures: Administer HR policies and programs for designated sites; ensure compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws.
- Metrics & Measurements: Analyze data regarding key HR metrics and provide recommendations based on results.
What’s required for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or a related field with 3-5 years’ experience working in human resources, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- PHR, SPHR or SHRM certification preferred
- Sound knowledge of organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operational needs
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations
- Detailed oriented and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven ability to work with highly confidential data with a high level of professionalism
- Strong project management skills and deadline driven
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills
- Positive employee focus and orientation
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Up to 30% travel, including overnight travel
Our benefits will Make you want to come grow with us!
At SWM, we offer a very competitive compensation package, health and wellness benefits, a “wow” worthy 401K program, tuition assistance and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]