Patient Collections Representative I
A Patient Collections Representative I is responsible for receiving inbound and outbound calls with the use of an automated dialing system and offering support and assistance in helping resolve delinquent outstanding balances.
In alignment with the core values of Schumacher Clinical Partners, the Patient Collections Representative I role aligns with the organizations four core values by:
Agility, we adapt the Patient Contact Center’s procedures and metrics that allow the organization to adapt to industry changes.
Respect, we assure that through calls and other interactions that we treat our patients with Dignity and Respect.
Courage, we stand-in front of our PCC policies, metrics, and standards.
Collaboration, we work outside of our Patient Contact Center team with other RCS stakeholders to ensure a One-Team approach to servicing our customers.
- Provide world class Customer Service with professionalism, a one call resolution approach.
- Communicate with patients by telephone, chat or email to bring resolution to unpaid accounts.
- Provide thorough, efficient, and accurate account updates on computer files for each call made or received and update record information about financial status of customer and status of contact center effort.
- Escalate accounts to the appropriate department for review.
- Meet and maintain monthly Patient Contact Center KPIs (Patient Satisfaction Score, Quality Assurance, and Revenue Collections).
- Counseling patients and presenting options for resolving their outstanding obligations.
- Follow-up on customer inquiries not immediately resolved.
- Follow up with Patients to ensure that payment arrangements meet the set guidelines
- Counsel delinquent account patients to assist in finding funds to meet debt obligations.
- Work closely with our Refunds and Payment Posting Department for overpayment, missing and unapplied monies.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Make recommendations to implement improved processes.
- Update patient information in necessary systems.
- Perform delegated task assigned by management.
- Verify account information and takes credit card payments over the phone.
- Keep up to date on all company information and trainings
- Update Knowledge Base as needed
- Ability to navigate multiple systems during call resolution.
- Interpret EOB’s
- Insurance verification
- Must be HIPAA compliant
- Familiarity with medical insurance terminology
- Contribute to the department by helping maintain the SLA’s “Service Level Agreement”.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally.
- Resourceful; Utilizes the resources available to you. If you don't know the answer to something find out by asking questions or seeking information
- Professional integrity; Ability to work independently with a high level of professionalism, dedication and commitment
- Positive attitude and the desire to do the right thing for all customers
- Goal oriented
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess the ability to multi- task and work in fast paced environment.
- Basic typing skills.
- Basic PC skills, including Windows-based programs.
- Analytical ability; Ability to analyze contracts, interpret metrics and understand workflows.
- Flexibility; Ability to adapt to change and willingness to take on new tasks
EDUCATION (Required and/or Preferred):
- High School or some College
FIELD OF STUDY:
- Medical Billing
- 0 - 2 years of Customer Service
- 0 - 2 years of Medical Collections
- 0 - 2 years of Sales
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Medical Billing or Coding Certificate License (preferred)