Hospital Medicine Practice Specialist I
The Hospital Practice Specialist is responsible for the daily operations of the overall Hospital Medicine (HM) practice for an assigned facility. Primary functions and expected results include: Completing daily tasks necessary to ensure adequate providers are on site to ensure quality patients care; Ensuring Client, Provider and PCP satisfaction by frequently communicating and taking actions needed to meet or exceed expectations; Complying with billing and coding requirements and working cooperatively with other personnel to generate optimal revenue for facility and HM Division.
- Market services and the hospital to ensure retention of existing referral sources and to grow new referrals and volumes
- Support co-workers in audit and billing and comply with ICD9/CPT coding and chart review to ensure accurate documentation and billing
- Availability by phone or pager for schedule emergencies, patient complaints, or other facility issues.
- Enhance Client, PCP, Patient, and Provider Satisfaction as well as Quality, Case Management, Emergency Department, and other facility relations. Ultimately responsible for satisfaction surveys.
- Communicate with PCPs and Consulting Specialist results pertaining to satisfaction, growth, and discharge summary follow-ups
- Complete Tracking Forms designated for the Hospitalist Program. Analyze to recommend needed improvements to both employer and Hospital leadership teams
- Identify on site production, performance, or other issues; recommend strategies for improvement
- Monthly scheduling and completion of provider schedules for designated site to ensure quality patient care and efficient use of resources
- Review of physician payroll monthly to ensure accuracy and opportunities for streamlining costs
- Facilitate engagement of HM Medical Director to result in meeting participation, new provider recruiting and retention
- Manage daily operations and recommend improvements to the practice as it relates to KPIs, and Client and Provider Satisfaction as established by both employer and the client
- Establish and facilitate standing HM Committee meetings between Hospital Administration, designated facility department managers, and HM representatives (include ED representatives if contract includes both)
- Liaison between employer and hospital personnel involved in medical records process.
- Oversee daily operations in regards to physician signatures, provider credentialing, physician completion of medical records and physician completion of daily billing
- Any others duties deemed necessary by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge or education regarding ICD 10 & CPT coding preferred but not required
- Must exhibit strong skills in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be well organized and demonstrate exceptional time management and priority setting skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, physicians and other professionals both orally and in writing
- Must be able to represent the company and the client as the local point of contact for Marketing, Physician Relations, and Customer, Patient and Employee satisfaction
- Office Management - 2 + years of experience or
Practice Management/Healthcare - 2 years of experience
- Would be enhanced by Project Management, Marketing, or experience working inside/alongside hospital based environment or functional areas
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred