Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric USA is a leading manufacturer of equipment for electrical distribution, industrial control, and automation. We have the following position for an Application Engineer available in Fairfax, Virginia.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Focus on the deployment of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS). Collaborates in a team environment and interfaces directly with contractors and end-users on a daily basis.
- Perform software installation, start-up services, troubleshooting equipment, device communications, and provides customer training for the commissioned system.
- Consult with customers to determine system operation requirements and the purchasing of hardware/software as required by project.
- Manage the installation and upgrading of EPMS software, configuring and commissioning for 3rd party hardware, performing start-up services, system troubleshooting, programming of PLC applications, and HMI interfaces.
- Provide training for commissioned systems and documents the as-built system.
- 100% Local Travel required. 100% Telecommuting.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do no t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position .
This job might be for you if:
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field and three years of work experience in Electrical Power Monitoring Systems, Building Automation Systems, Systems Integration, and/or Energy Management Systems.
- Also must have 3 years of work experience with:
1.) Electrical equipment such as switchgear, generators, and UPS systems;
2.) Industry standard communication protocols with an emphasis on Modbus, IEC 61850, and BACnet Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies, and hardware;
3.) Computer programming languages such as Visual Basic, C/C++, and Java, and databases such as SQL;
4.) HTML development PLC programming and troubleshooting; and
5.) HMI configuration, including graphical screen development.
This position is covered by our company's Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site.