Field Services Engineer
Field Service Engineer (FSE):
Schneider Electric, headquartered in Paris, France is a market leading supplier of electrical distribution, control and automation products, systems and services. Square D is the flagship brand of the North American Operating Division (NAOD), one of Schneider's four geographic divisions. The Energy and Sustainability Services segment of NAOD includes a Projects department dedicated to the engineering, design, construction, programming, and commissioning of custom integrated solutions focusing on energy management, distribution system reliability and standby power systems. This department is currently recruiting candidates with experience in electrical power monitoring, electrical power distribution, and switchgear systems for the position of Field Services Representative.
The Field Service Engineer (FSR) is a critical role within Schneider Electric Digital Power Services line of business that provides engineering and field start-up & commissioning for Electrical Power Monitoring and Control Systems (EPMCS). The role offers a unique and an exciting opportunity to experience the breadth of the Schneider Electric Power Solutions product & solution portfolio. The Field Service Engineer shall be part of a team whose primary functions are to provide proactive onsite maintenance services, onsite emergency, onsite warranty, and onsite expedited services on electrical power monitoring and control systems for clients including strategic accounts. Strong customer focus and exemplar problem solving ability are key to the role. Ability to quickly adapt to project circumstances and grasp system complexities during short site visits is essential to the role. Adherence to Electrical Safe Work Practices NFPA 70E is a requirement.
The role requires technical skills as listed in the job task requirements section and interpersonal skills to ensure that the internal and external project stakeholder needs are met and exceeded.
The Field Service Engineer is expected to work effectively within a team environment as well as perform independent tasks as required. The FSE shall be accountable for business results and meeting business commitments to others. The FSE shall incorporate an innovative and consistent approach when problem solving and shall show composure and perseverance when working through challenges. The ability to communicate effectively is essential for team work and customer satisfaction. The FSE shall provide operational/maintenance orientation training and documentation to customers for electrical power monitoring and control systems designed and deployed. The FSE must be willing and able to travel to job sites.
JobTask Requirements (Technical):
The FSE should be skilled to perform all or most of the following tasks:
- Low and medium voltage switchgear design familiarity and troubleshooting experience
- HMI/SCADA programming, troubleshooting & basic configuration experience including graphics, reports, & alarm screens development/modification
- Experience in the field of emergency power generation and distribution, including switchgear control applications and generator control applications
- Working knowledge of- and troubleshooting experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, BacNet, Profibus
- Onsite implementation and troubleshooting services for power monitoring system software and hardware
Job Requirements (Non-Technical/Interpersonal):
The FSE must have a proven track record of:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Effective communication (written/oral/reading/listening), ability to keep relevant stakeholders informed and build network of relationships that would aid business development
- Ability to work with sales, solutions and service engineers, and other stakeholders to provide local installation, commissioning, and repair services for integrated power monitoring and control systems
- Ability to manage travel schedules, expense reporting, and documentation for project delivery
Minimum Knowledge and Skill Expectations:
- Strong Technical writing and computer knowledge, fluency with Microsoft Office tools
- Eligible to obtain clearance and/or credentials required by Schneider Electric and customer, such as driving record, passports, homeland security clearance, criminal background, and credit checks
- Familiarity with metering devices, gateways and other networking devices
- Service experience with power monitoring equipment and industrial and critical power applications
- Familiarity with HMI or SCADA configuration of any of the following software packages such as: Schneider Electric Power Monitoring software, Wonderware, Citect, Iconics, etc.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution systems
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Four year bachelor's degree in the field of electrical engineering, computer science, or like discipline
- Minimum 3 years (5 years preferred) experience with electrical distribution systems
- Military experience a plus
Average of 60-75% travel to customer sites. Majority of travel is domestic within continental US.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric:
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled