Quality Assurance Technician
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Technician in our Tualatin, OR location.
This position is primarily responsible for the support of manufacturing equipment and all required maintenance tasks associated with it. This position may also be required to perform routine facility maintenance. Installs, maintains, adjust, troubleshoots, repairs, and performs preventative and predictive maintenance on various types of electrical and electronic circuitry, and electro-mechanical devices incorporated in manufacturing and process equipment. Installs, maintains, adjusts, troubleshoots, fabricates, repairs, and performs preventative and predictive maintenance on manufacturing and process equipment. Performs general mechanical and electrical maintenance on all facility equipment and structures.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 13 5 ,000 + employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Returns Material Process
- Analyze customer returns via multimeter/electrical testing, document findings, and manage movement of inventory of customer returns
- Manage communications to internal customers and Customer Support about RMA/credit status
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of raw materials received and do reporting and analysis of defects. These operations can require the use of measuring devices (calipers, multimeter)
- Ability to inspect/troubleshoot printed circuit boards
- Interpret and implement quality assurance standards
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Investigate non-conformance issues and support development of corrective actions (8D methodology)
- Other duties as assigned
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do no t necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position .
This job might be for you if:
- High school diploma or GED (Associates degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Experience in a quality assurance/quality control role for manufacturing (electronics preferred)
- Experience operating in ISO9001 environment (auditing experience preferred)
- IPC certified Preferred
- Knowledge of basic inspection characteristics
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a proven history of attention to detail
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs, use pallet jack
- Ability to read mechanical drawings/specifications
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave,401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.