Design Engineer II
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric USA is a leading manufacturer of equipment for electrical distribution, industrial control, and automation. We have the following position available in Smyrna, Tennessee: Design Engineer II (Multiple Positions).
What do you get to do in this position?
- Accountable for investigating and procuring all data required to develop complex designs.
- P repare sketches and schematic diagrams.
- Work independently, exercise latitude and judgment to develop designs with minimal supervision.
- Involved in preparing accurate layout, detail and assembly drawings.
- Review work of designers on some phases of design.
- Perform mechanical analysis of mechanisms and mechanical assemblies such as tolerance, stress, deformation or kinematic.
- Involved in the creation of multiple component/assembly solutions to envision product concept.
- Responsible for the development to be synchronized with changes or advances to the existing product releases which includes the manipulation of appropriate CAD software.
- Assist in verification of design for performance requirements.
- Participate in test plan, results analysis and the feedback of appropriate design parameters back into component/assembly design.
- Interface with the manufacturing organization to ensure that a well-optimized component or assembly is developed from fabrication or assembly concerns.
- Develop electronic and hard copy records that conform to internal standards and support the development, implementation and maintenance stages of the projects and products.
- Prepare instructional or operational information as required.
- Prepare preliminary sketches or diagrams reflecting basic design concept.
- Confer with design originator, appropriate engineering and other cross-functional personnel in finalizing design concepts.
- Make mathematical calculations and adjustments in drawings and specifications.
- Recommend changes or modifications as appropriate to meet manufacturability, functionality and measurability requirements.
- Prepare and oversee final layout, detail, assembly drawings, and other required documentation.
- Create computer models of the product design concept.
- Generate and maintain organized database and Bill of Material (B.O.M) as well as change reports or other documentations.
- Prepare and maintain schedule estimates.
- Provide support to manufacturing and quality organization on customer and production issues as necessary.
- Design medium voltage equipment.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
This position requires a Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, or related and 3 years of work experience in mechanical product design and development.
Also must have 3 years of experience within IEEE/ANSI/ UL compliant medium voltage equipment environment:
1. Designing VR circuit breakers, MasterClad, MasterClad AR, HVL/cb and Visionary;
2. Design using CAD tools (Inventor, ProE, Creo, AutoCAD);
3. Managing PEP Project Cycle Management;
4. Analyzing and assessing MV Circuit Breaker test duties, Hi Pot, Partial Discharge, BIL, VR circuit breakers, MasterClad, MasterClad AR, HVL/cb and Visionary;
5. Creating and implementing of Fault Tree Analysis;
6. Managing Design and Application FMEAs;
7. Performing analysis tools (CETOL and Enventive); and
8. Executing PEP, PMP/Agile methodology, 8D analysis.
This position is covered by our company's Employee Referral Program. Any applicant who is interested in this position or who was referred to this position may apply by submitting a complete resume in English through this site.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k) + match , and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversityare seen asa real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated againston the basis ofdisability.