Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for the design, development, and implementation of production processes in support of both new product introductions, and continuous improvement initiatives. This p osition is accountable for performing a variety of engineering work which may be related to applications; electrical/electronics; mechanical; manufacturing; quality; safety, health & environmental. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in depth evaluation of various factors.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Help develop, implement and maintain manufacturing processes and systems
- Analyze equipment operations, processes and associated procedures to determine and improve effectiveness in line with production, quality, health - safety and environment requirements
- Conduct defect analysis i.e. root cause analysis and develop corrective/preventative action requirements
- Work within the Manufacturing Cell Team as required and propose/implement solutions for continuous improvement
- Ensure production team is assembling the product as designed
- Support quality control to ensure products are manufactured as per specifications.
- Support implementation of Schneider Production System (SPS) across the Plant
- Use Lean methodology and change management to support SPS project from implementation through execution
- Lead local activities to ensure compliance to Health and Safety program and procedures. Act as onsite Health and Safety representative.
- Mechanical/Industrial Engineering Diploma/Degree or equivalent qualification with experience
- Relevant work experience in an automated/manual assembly, and manufacturing processes environment is an asset
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing concepts
- Ability to analyze processes for continuous improvement
- Ability to work within ISO9001-2000 environment, and ISO14001.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills coupled with excellent problem solving capabilities
- Ability to analyze energy consumptions and provide assistance to eliminate waste and improve efficiency
- Strong change management and communication skills
- Ability to work within a cross functional team environment
- Ability to manage projects, time, and deadlines
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Project
- Proficient in AutoCad, Autodesk Inventor, 3D modeling
If our recruiting team determines your background may be a good match for this position, we'll contact you directly regarding the next steps in the process.
Internal mobility is a top priority at Schneider Electric. If you're looking for your next step or want to try something new, applying for an internal opportunity can help you further develop your career.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled. It is the responsibility of each employee to inform your manager that you're applying for a new internal opportunity. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive electronic notification; you are not guaranteed a call from the recruiting team.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.