Global Internal Auditor - Americas
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Global Internal Auditor in our Boston, MA location.
The Global Internal Auditor for the Americas will report to the Head of Global Internal Audit for the Americas Region.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
Global Internal Audit is focused on:
- Compliance and respect of Corporate ethics program
- Key operational processes (Sales & marketing, Research and development, Purchasing, Projects & Services, Manufacturing, Supply Chain & Logistics, Human resources, IT and Finance)
- Main risks and weaknesses including organization and strategic subjects
The Global Internal Auditor leads or participates in 4 types of audits (assessing diverse processes and cycles): Transversal risk audits, process audits, entity audits or post acquisition audits.
The objectives of the audits are to:
- Assess the level of internal control
- Identify areas where performance can be improved
- Measure how operational risks are monitored and mitigated follow up the implementation of audit action plans
When leading an audit mission, the Global Internal Auditor is called "Team Leader" & is in charge of:
- Managing the project and the relationship with the auditees
- Delivering the project on time
- Defining the working program and assigning audit cycles to auditors together with the Global Internal Audit Senior VP or the Head of the hub
- Organizing the fieldwork and coaching the team members
- Reporting the main conclusions to the auditee, Senior Management & Executive Committee
- Delivering an Executive Summary to the Chairman of the Audit Committee and Group CEO
- Following-up the action plans that resulted from the audit with the auditees
When a member of an audit, the Global Internal Auditor is called "Team Member" and is in charge of:
- Conducting interviews, tests, data analysis in order to identify root causes, assess the efficiency and effectiveness of the processes
- Proposing recommendations to auditees in order to correct inefficiencies or to improve efficiency
- Presenting those recommendations to local management and Senior Management
The Global Internal Auditor for Americas travels across North and South America approximately 50% of their time, mostly for 3 weeks consecutively on-field, and in some occasions 4 weeks. In some instances, the Global Internal Auditors may be required to travel outside of the Americas region. They will have to work in various cultural environments. The Global Internal Auditor will have contact with all levels of the organization worldwide, including Executive Committee members. The Global Internal Auditor has contact with external auditors.
English, both written & spoken, is the working language.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- 5+ Years professional experience
- Analytical thinking
- Synthetic skills
- Business oriented (ability to understand the audit context)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Relationship management, Teamwork and cooperation
- Bachelor's degree, Master's including MBA or other additional certifications preferred
- Mastering another language (Spanish or Potuguese preferred)
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401K plus match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.