Regional Internal Controller - Americas
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Regional Internal Controller - Americas in our Boston, MA location.
This position reports directly to the Head of Internal Audit and Internal Control for the Americas and will be a key player in elevating the level of Internal Control across the entire region.
Internal Control within Schneider Electric encompasses all areas of the business including but not limited to Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, HR, IT, Solutions (Projects), Field Services, Tax & Legal, as well as the traditional Finance areas. This expanded scope and definition of Internal Control includes good practices, defined processes, and other risk reducing measures.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
This position will interact will all levels of the business in North and South America as well as Global Internal Audit and Internal Control team members around the world. Team members are exposed to all facets of the business and network with many functional experts, Global process owners, and local teams spread across North and South America. Typical duties performed in this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform on-site Key Internal Control Missions to validate annual Self-Assessment
- Perform ad hoc missions to delve into critical business issues, processes, or other areas as requested by the business
- Prepare and present both written and oral reports of Mission results and conclusions to management
- Provide specific recommendations to the business, for conversion to Action Plans, that are formally tracked to completion (based on results of Missions performed)
- Drive the business to close out action plans in a timely fashion
- Report on action plan completion progress
- Contribute to the refinement of work programs used to guide Missions
- Travel will encompass approximately 50% of the total time worked each year.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business (US CPA preferred)
- Strong analytical and good writing skills
- Well developed public speaking ability
- Fast learner, objective, straightforward, eager, enthusiastic, and motivated
- Organized, results oriented, "go-getter"
- Experience with auditing procedures is required. Corporate experience is desired.
- Three to five year's large/regional audit firm experience or equivalent
- Strong Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and PowerPoint
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401K plus match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers .
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We're recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.