Application Engineer / Mechanical Designer
Application / Mechanical Designer - Schneider Electric Canada - Edmonton Plant
S c hneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for
everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
In 2018, Schneider Electric has been recognized as one Canada's Top 100 Employers, one of Canada's Top Employers for Young People, and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employers. Learn the reasons why at https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-schneider-electric .
G r eat people make Schneider Electric a great company.
W hat do you get to do in this position?
• Analyse and translate customer specifications on orders and drawings to comply with local and/or corporate standards
• Design or modify equipment to meet or exceed criteria and applicable standards (CSA/UL/ANSI/ISO, etc.)
• Produce 2D drawings for Engineering and/or production purposes.
• Prepare and release bill of materials for manufacturing
• Work with and interact with various groups/people during the order cycle process, such as Customer/Sales, Application/Order Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Quality.
• College diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Bachelor in Engineering
• Must have experience using AutoCAD, Inventor, Creo, MS Office
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer relation skills.
• Experience with low voltage Switchboard design, installation, and use .
• Fluent in English
• Basic Electrical knowledge an asset
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment an asset
W e seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See
what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: h ttps://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Y o u must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
I t is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Con c ern ing agencies: S c hne ider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.