EAJP Plastics Supplier Quality Leader
The primary function of the SQL's role is to:
▫ Lead the Supplier Quality Management in Plastics Technology to represent Schneider Electric in front of his/her panel of Suppliers for Quality related issues. Challenges the Supplier Panel, develop them to improve their performance.
Pilot breakthrough Supplier quality performance development projects on selected critical business issues;
▫ Breakthrough prevention/ performance projects: e.g. Critical Supplies Quality Robustness (CSR), Critical Process improvement, Digitization etc.
▫ Drive systemic look across actions for P1 suppliers in the region and yearly program to drive performance improvements with those with high recurrent issues.
▫ Deployment projects: e.g., increasing efficiency of our 8D process leveraging I2P (Issue to Prevention).
▫ Manage and deploy Plastics Category Strategy quality initiatives related to Supplier Quality Development through collaboration across functions within the organization.
▫ Also in charge of continuous benchmarking vs. best in class players and internal best practices sharing
▫ All projects require: priority decision and regular review by cross-functional governance, Supplier Quality Management Engineer appointed as project leader, ad-hoc cross functional team to support
▫ Champion Supplier, SE quality referential as per SSQM process (performance measurement referential, PPEP, 8D, ...)
▫ Support SQE & to challenge Supplier performance with Supplier Leader and animate the quality part of Supplier Business Review
▫ Manage factory escalated critical quality Supplier issues.
▫ Support New Product Introduction activities at Supplier level.
▫ Lead Supplier quality auditors (SAM driven by Category Management).
Monitor a group of Supplier Quality Engineers to drive Performances with Supplier Leader at supplier level and support the quality part of supplier business reviews.
Conduct improvement projects with suppliers on critical business issues, train / coach suppliers when needed.
Manage SQEs to monitor critical Supplier issues escalated by plants or Product Departments.
Support SQEs to conceptualize New Product Introduction activities at supplier level.
Lead Supplier quality and logistic auditors (SAM),
Manage & optimize the incoming inspection and delivery policy.
• Ensures that all activities conform with relevant government regulations, company policies, standard and ethics
• Identifies opportunities for improvement of work practices and processes
Health, Safety and the Environment
• Understands and implements company HSE policies.
• Complies with company and customer HSE standards and policies.
• Manages individual priorities and deliverables within the HSE context.
• Actively encourages a safety and environmentally conscious workplace.
• Strives to find new ways of improving the work environment
• Takes a personal interest (or 'actively own') HSE issues and activities within your area of responsibility - lead by example.