Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 500,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position:
In this new role for the accounting department, you will work closely with our Controller and take ownership of all the payroll accounting responsibilities. This position will be responsible for all employee related accounting tasks including payroll administration, expense reporting administration, and travel system administration.
What you will do:
- Process timely and accurate semi-monthly payrolls for US based employees using a payroll data system; Track and verify a variety of payroll related information (e. g. time and attendance data, leave time, direct deposits, benefits, wage attachments, loan balances, draws, etc.) to ensure accurate disbursement of funds and payroll.
- Process timely and accurate monthly payrolls for non-US based employees and liaise with payroll and PEO providers for at least 7 countries.
- Coordinate efforts between Accounting and Human Resources to validate new hire set-ups, benefit enrollment changes, terminations, payroll adjustments, and other related activities which impact payroll processing; organize and maintain all necessary payroll related documentation.
- Provide outstanding customer service by responding to payroll inquiries from employees and outside agencies, providing information or direction as needed, and researching and resolving discrepancies payroll information and documentation.
- Liaise with payroll providers on all payroll matters and act as intermediary for HR.
- Participate in developing department objectives and systems. Identify opportunities to increase operational efficiency and implement alternative methods. Document processes and procedures for functional backup and auditing purposes.
- System owner for Concur Expense & Travel. As our People accountant you will be an expert user of this system and be the first contact for support issues.
- Ensure timely and accurate payment and coding of travel and expenses using Concur.
- Support the year-end reconciliation of retirement plans and year-end tax filing for Company by working with internal and external parties.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- BS or Associates degree in Accounting
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Solid experience and skill with various business systems: Quickbooks, SalesForce, Paylocity, Netsuite, Concur.
- Proficiency with Excel, and Word.
- Motivated, positive, team player.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to problem solve in a growing, expanding agile environment
- Complete special accounting projects assigned (internal audits, historical analysis of benefits and other accounts, etc.).
- Demonstrate working knowledge of financial statements.
Where you’ll be working:
This position is located in our corporate headquarters and learning center in Boulder, CO.
Why Scaled Agile?
We are a growing organization with a proven revenue model and are the global market leader in software and systems development knowledgeware.
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and create real value. We're profitable, we're agile.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and a few thoughts on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters).