Engineering Data Engineer
The Engineering Data Engineer is responsible for the planning, execution, and closeout of the engineering data work for a project or proposal. As the Engineering Data Engineer, you will be responsible for the engineering data quality, integrity and consistency across the various engineering applications. You work across all engineering disciplines to ensure the engineering data are completed on time, on quality and in accordance with all safety and regulatory requirements. As the Engineering Data Engineer, you ensure the engineering data meet the project, Client and internal requirements.
In order that the Project data work is properly defined and planned YOU ARE TO:
- Develop the Project Engineering Data Management Plan, as per internal standard requirements,
- by understanding and evaluating the project requirements
- Ensure project team is fully aware of Client, Project and Internal requirements and the Project
- Engineering Data Management Plan
- Communicate and promote the Project Engineering Data Management Plan scope, strategy and
- execution roadmap constraints and ways of working to the engineering team
- Set team standards for data quality and deliver data that meets project needs, Client standards,
- internal standards and industry regulations
- Coordinate with Discipline Leads and Discipline Managers to forecast resource needs (staffing,
- tools, software, etc.) and completion dates for data
- Partner with Discipline Managers to ensure adequate number of qualified staff are assigned to
- the project to meet quality, budget, and schedule requirements per the project contract;
- ensure each team member understands his/her role and responsibilities for the Project
- Engineering Data Management Plan
- Partner with the Project Information Manager, to ensure full integration of engineering data into the overall project information
In order to successfully coordinate and execute the engineering scope on the project YOU ARE TO:
- Work as a member of the Project Management Team to deliver an integrated engineering design
- in a safe manner and to the agreed budget, schedule and quality
- Manage the engineering data management scope, including staff and engineering
- subcontractors, to ensure the work is completed as per the Project Data Management Plan
- Manage and control the integrity of the engineering data structure in compliance with internal
- standard data model
- Manage and control the engineering data workflow and data exchange in compliance with the
- SBM Management System (GEMS) process, instruction and guidelines
- Coordinate with IT/EAS or hardware/software issue resolutions, interface with tool supplier to
- help resolved issues raised by project team
- Identify, define, and manage all risks relevant to the engineering data management
- Report progress and forecast for engineering data in line with project requirements and develop
- mitigation measures, in conjunction with management, to ensure delivery on quality, on
- budget and on schedule
- Manage and monitor all engineering data interfaces with Client or other third parties to ensure
- requirements are addressed
- Manage interface with data/information managers of others Project disciplines to ensure overall
- Project data requirements are addressed.
- Perform the Engineering Data close out and ensure that input to the formal engineering close-out report is provided.
- University Degree in engineering disciplines.
- Strong multi-discipline technical coordination skill.
- Minimum of ten years of Offshore Oil and Gas experiences.
- Minimum of four years of AVEVA suite application, Diagrams and Engineering 3D.
- Capabilities of developing customized macros.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills.