Job Title: Associate Manager (Bilingual Spanish required)
Who we are:
As one of the largest for-profit thrift operators in the United States, Canada and Australia for value priced pre-owned clothing, accessories and household goods, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We supply our stores with gently-used, one-of-a-kind items that have been donated by the community to local nonprofit organizations. We purchase these items directly from our nonprofit partners, redirecting billions of pounds of used items away from landfills and on to our store racks and shelves for reuse, and providing our partners with valuable funding for their community-based programs and services. You’ll often hear us say that we are “Thrift Proud.” It’s the millions of loyal customers who visit our 300+ stores and our more than 22,000 team members that make it possible. Learn more about the Savers® family of thrift stores, our impact, and the #ThriftProud movement at savers.com.
Our brands are Savers (in the U.S.), 2nd Ave (in the U.S.), Value Village (in the U.S. and Canada), Unique (in the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec) and Savers Australia.
What you can expect:
- The opportunity to celebrate uniqueness. We are made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute.
- To work in a purpose-driven company, with a business model that people love for our impact on both the planet and local communities.
- An investment in the career path interests of our people. With our aggressive store expansion plans, we recognize the importance of the continued growth and development of our team members.
What you get:
Comprehensive onboarding and training from day one.
In-house expertise! Our training department / Savers University develops and delivers robust training to every team member across our organization — from new hires to senior executives. We develop around 90% of our training internally, and partner with a variety of renowned providers to supplement our offerings.
Benefits offerings including:
- Bundled health plans such as medical, Rx, dental and vision
- Company-paid life insurance for extra protection and peace of mind
- Programs to stop smoking, diabetes management coaching, and on demand care options.
- A 401k plan with generous company matching contributions to assist you in saving for a secure financial future.
- Paid time off from work for leisure or other hobbies.
- A range of mental health services to assist you in managing daily life.
What you’ll be working on:
The Associate Manager - Production increases sales and profits by being responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day production workflow in assigned department(s). This includes upholding company standards for accurate pricing, high standards of freshness and condition of merchandise, shop-able racks, full merchandise utilization, efficient workflow and productive work pace. The Associate Managers supervision takes the form of hands-on work and oversight of others. The Associate Manager makes work assignments, checks quality, volume & speed of work. Working side-by-side with team members, the Associate Manager will observe, assess, train and coach performance, as well as set an example for the pace of work and will contribute to the productivity of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
Direct and supervise the work of departmental production team members. Inform team members of operating plan targets and progress against targets. Assist with recruiting, selecting and training team members. Provide regular observation, interaction, and coaching of team members. Help with team member counseling and performance reviews. Fulfill manager on duty responsibilities. Provide effective onboarding of new team members.
Work productively through hands-on involvement of sorting, hanging, tagging, pricing, rolling, auditing and recycling of merchandise. May work in assigned department(s) or rotate through departments. Train and coach item put out volume, spread of put-out prices, and seasonal back stock. Supervise production workflow techniques/efficiencies and standards in assigned department(s). Conduct departmental quality control checks throughout all production stages: during production, prior to rolling, on the floor and at recycle off the floor. Assist the Production Manager in supervising the morning maintenance program to ensure the sales floor is ready for business each morning; capture and leverage learnings. Ensure all sellable items go to the retail sales floor.
What you have:
- Sales floor Associate Manager, retail management or industrial management experience.
- Mathematical skills.
- Ability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to observe, assess and coach the work of others.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or verbal form.
- Ability to reason, make decisions, and use independent judgment in various situations
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma; Post- Secondary degree/diploma preferred.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry products weighing less than 5 lbs. Will occasionally need to lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional pushing and pulling of racks/carts weighing 50 to 250 pounds using 4 – 10 lbs of force.
- Frequent reaching to various levels and directions to move/stack boxes of product, move product on and off hangers, rails and carts and stock product on display racks/shelves.
- Possess dexterity for complex hand-eye tasks, including keyboarding and merchandise ticketing/movement activities.
- Continuous standing, frequent walking, stooping, bending and twisting and occasional kneeling needed to stack and/or stock product(s) on display racks.
- Frequently required to read written documents and product labels.
- Continuous needs to hear and verbally communicate in order to interact with and respond to management, team members and customers. Will need to hear requests in person and via intercom and telephone.
- Will occasionally be exposed to hazardous machinery (compactor, baler, Big Joe), solvents (cleaners, detergents), radiation (Microwave in break room), continuously exposed to dust and frequently exposed to temperature fluctuations.
- In addition to the above: May sometimes be required to drive to the bank to make deposits
- Will periodically need to drive to meetings or other stores for business purposes.
- Will need to adjust work schedule to the needs of the business, including working some nights, weekends,
- Able and willing to safely, cautiously, and efficiently navigate work environment that may include large industrial machinery, heavy equipment and product, elevated and uneven surfaces, and heights, and moving forklifts.
Travel: Related to position only within geographical area and essential functions or other areas as assigned
Work Type/Location: 1160 Broadway, Saugus, MA 01906
Savers is an E-Verify employer