Director of Finance (Cost & Inventory)
Director of Finance (Cost & Inventory)
Supports Savers’ vision by providing financial and analytical support to the Innovation and Optimization (I&O) team to make sound business decisions and maximize financial performance. Includes annual planning process, period financial analysis, forecast updates to optimize labor improvements in new and existing stores. Partners with cross functional teams to aide in the design, development and on-going analysis of Savers Centralize Processing Centers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Finance leader of financial planning and analysis for Savers Innovation and Optimization Team.
- Lead I&O annual budget process and forecasts.
- Drive innovation and pilot execution in the areas of store design, pricing strategies, operational cost management and integration of sourcing and recycling functions within store operation processes.
- Store operations liaison on Savers strategic retail initiatives.
- Lead period financial review calls.
- Collaborates with controllership functions to continually improve analysis and financial processes.
- Prepare presentation materials, up to and including materials for Savers’ Board of Directors.
- Provide commentary and recommendations to store operations groups based upon results of detailed analysis.
- Deliver informative, well organized presentations
- Identify expense opportunities and trends and address with functional teams and store operations.
- Communicate regularly with Regional Directors, Senior Director and senior management to provide insight and direction.
- Identify process improvements including reporting streamlining, production efficiency steps and processes.
- Collaborates with Store Design and Planning and the Innovation and Optimization team on specifications and designs store specific plans.
- Manages the relationships with third party contractors to build and fixture optimized production rooms.
- Develops and maintain timelines and deliverables with the Operations Team and I&O Deployment Teams.
- Partners with Procurement to ensure required fixtures and supplies compliance with specification and delivery stores per the timeline.
- Communication and partnership with the Director of I&O for future iteration and process improvement.
- Must fully document procedures, timelines, expectations.
- Ensure contractors compliance with laws and regulations.
- Travel to store locations as required for site inspections, to review newly implemented installations and/or resolving layout documentation issues.
- Participates on and leads department or company-wide projects in support of the Company goals and objectives.
- Contracts with and supervises outside contractors and service vendors..
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of accounting practices
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office products, including advanced Excel/Access skills
- Strong experience with financial statements and general ledgers
- Demonstrated supervisory, management and leaderships skills
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to make or influence decisions
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to be detail-oriented and to see the “Big Picture”
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to participate on and lead projects
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Ability to connect complex operational metrics to financial results
- Ability to work well with ever changing priorities and/ or situations that are common in a retail growth company
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems, identify solutions, recommend and implement methods, procedures and techniques for problem resolution
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated operational knowledge of building, equipment and retail systems
- Ability to recognize and correct safety hazards
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal and external customers and vendors
- Strong analytics background and comfort
- Understanding of controllership functions
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field
- 10+ years experience in Finance or a combination of education and experience that yields the required Finance knowledge, skills & abilities
- 3 years experience in a retail or manufacturing
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- The ability to communicate and understand the spoken word are important as well, for example:
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- Minimal travel
- USA - Remote
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.