The Payroll Specialist is a member of the Payroll team that will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry payroll processing. Supports Savers vision by processing and maintaining payroll in an accurate and timely manner. This position will impact a growing organization and offers career development opportunities for the right candidate. This role reports to the Supervisor, Payroll.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform daily payroll department operations.
- Processes biweekly payroll that includes receiving and auditing hours, entering pay, personal and miscellaneous information into system, balancing and transmitting payrolls and calculating manual checks and garnishments.
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Execute Kronos time and attendance processing and interface with payroll.
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits.
- Respond to inquiries from managers regarding paychecks, vacation/sick balances, Kronos entries, pay adjustments and bonuses.
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) Communication skills and ability to collaborate within the team and cross-functionally.
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management.
- Audit payroll registers for processing errors.
- Effective time management skills demonstrating the ability to recognize deadlines and be proactive with management if unable to meet assigned deadlines.
- Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Triage and manage employee inquiries through ticketing system.
- Process garnishment paperwork and send to ADP for processing.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of US and/or Canadian multi-state/multi-province payroll practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of applicable state, federal, provincial wage and hour laws.
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Demonstrated data entry skills.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be detail-oriented and obtain a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information.
- Ability to deal sensitively with confidential material.
- Knowledge of Oracle Payroll, Kronos or other similar payroll/timekeeping systems.
• Ability to work within Savers culture.
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years’ multi-state/multi provincial payroll experience
- Oracle Payroll experience preferred
- Experience with Time & Attendance system, preferably Kronos
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- No travel
- Boise SSC