Financial Analyst – Sourcing Finance
Supports Savers’ vision by providing timely, accurate analysis to enable sound business decisions and to maximize financial performance. Job requirements include supporting aspects of the annual budgets, period financial analysis, forecast updates, price and selection analytics, and ad-hoc financial analysis. This role reports to the Finance Manage, - Sourcing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Partner with Channel owners with analyses and insights to improve their business operations and provide Forecast accuracy
- Identify expense opportunities and business trends, in partnership with Supply Chain and SSC Team members, utilizing analysis
- Measure and analyze gross profit by Supplier/Supply type, logistics/storage/transportation and OK yields
- Communicate regularly with Accounting and Sourcing Teams
- Support Supply Chain annual budgeting, monthly forecasts and Sourcing components of the strategic plan
- Present data for period financial review calls
- Deliver informative, well organized presentations
- Visit markets and work with field leadership to provide insights and recommendations
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of accounting practices
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office products, including strong Excel/Power Point/Word/Outlook skills
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to work within Savers culture
- Ability to connect complex operational metrics to financial results
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field preferred
- Preferably 1 year experience in Finance or a combination of education and experience that yields the required Finance knowledge, skills & abilities
- Strong analytics background and comfort
- Experience with IBM Cognos and/or MS Power BI a plus
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.)
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- No travel
- SSC Bellevue
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.