Insurance Compliance Analyst
Insurance Compliance Analyst
The Insurance Compliance Analyst supports Saver’s risk mitigation strategy by creating and maintaining data logs of various Risk Exposures that impact Insurance initiatives. This position will obtain/maintain vendor relationships as needed to resolve insurance claims as well as analyze data received from various stakeholders to ensure compliance with document requests. They will also verify vendor compliance with insurance requirements and create and maintains a Certificate of Insurance Library and will update our Statement of Values and work with the broker to add/remove insured locations. This position reports to the Sr. Insurance and Claims Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create an effective Certificate of Insurance (COI) tracking database and obtain current COI’s for all known vendors.
- Ensure all vendors are in compliance with insurance requirements as noted in various contracts.
- Support the claim cost allocation program.
- Support the insurance renewal underwriting process through data management and inquiries.
- Support the insurance audit process through data management and inquiries.
- Assist in reducing our TCOR (Total Cost of Risk) by pursuing cost recoveries/subrogation for all lines of coverage.
- Obtain data/maintain the Statement of Values and add/delete locations as needed.
- Work closely with many Store Support departments to retrieve data as needed for any claims related requests.
- Locate vendors as needed to assist in resolving insurance claims.
- Create and manage insurance/Sharepoint files on SaversNet.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of insurance terminology
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to work within Saver’s culture
- Must be detail-oriented
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Risk Management, Loss Control, Safety & Health, Business, Human Resources, or related field; or a combination of education and experience that yields the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- 2+ years’ experience in data collection/compliance reviews
- Experience in utilizing a Risk Management Information System (RMIS)
- Prefer some knowledge of various types of insurance and familiarity of insurance terms
- Ability to review and calculate financial data
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- Travel (15% or less)
- SSC Renton, WA/Remote
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.