First, about us.
At Savers/Value Village, our mission is to champion reuse and inspire a future where secondhand is second nature. We got our start nearly 70 years ago and have since grown into a global retailer that has become a neighborhood home to millions of thrifters across the U.S., Canada and Australia. Learn more about the thrift movement, our business model, and our commitment to making an impact on the planet at: savers.com/impact.
What we need, and what you’ll do.
We’re looking for a well-rounded Graphic Designer to serve as an ambassador of our brand by producing and executing compelling creative campaigns, while understanding the strategic business objectives behind the work. You have experience executing great design within a consumer-focused company or agency, and are looking to apply that knowledge and expertise at Savers.
Our ideal candidate has an innate ability to translate creative briefs into customer-facing campaigns that tell a cohesive story across a range of print and digital platforms – including store signage/retail fixtures, digital/banner ads, websites, blogs, social channels, customer-facing sales/promotions emails, presentation decks and internal communications. You obsess about the effectiveness of our work and proactively identify creative initiatives to improve the customer and team member experience. You think big, operate meticulously down to the smallest of details, and desire to be part of a close-knit, highly engaged team who values and shares a quest for creative excellence.
Success in this role requires juggling multiple priorities independently, while also working collaboratively with cross-functional teams consisting of other designers, copywriters, marketers, merchandisers, retail operators and functional business leaders to drive results. You understand how to gain the trust of your peers, and feel at ease providing sound recommendations to senior leaders.
You are also self-motivated and will thrive in a fun, fast-paced, high-volume in-house creative studio environment. An appreciation for thrift is also desired. This position reports to the Lead Graphic Designer.
More of what you’ll do. Essential job functions:
- Actively engage with internal business partners to review briefs and discuss their business needs
- Develop engaging, on-brand, end-to-end marketing campaigns and promotions with consideration for varying target audiences in both print and digital mediums (in-store and out of store)
- Concept and produce compelling social media campaigns, digital ads (static & animated), web assets and other digital marketing materials
- Prepare and deliver files for print, in various formats from multi-page docs to large format and environmental signage
- Keep abreast of current technology and innovative design tools, along with industry best practices
- Administrative tasks such as project scheduling and status updates; manage and track workload to deliver on time against deadlines
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Mastery of the Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Familiarity with industry standards in digital asset management and responsive design
- HTML 5 animation experience (preferred)
- Proficient in PowerPoint
- Strong copy-editing skills are strongly preferred, but not required
- Capacity to respond positively to feedback; skilled in applying direction from non-designers
- Exceptional organizational skills, especially in regard version control and adhering to brand standards and guidelines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and recommend solutions
- Ability to work to tight deadlines while maintaining a strong attention to detail
Minimum required education, training, and experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years digital design experience within a structured corporate or agency environment
- Strong experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Front-end web development literacy preferred (basic HTML, CSS knowledge)
- Experience with an email platform a plus (ex. Emarsys)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic)
Tools and equipment used:
- Laptop computer and related programs/software
- Not applicable.
- SSC Bellevue, WA
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.