Project Supervisor (Canada)
The Project Supervisor contributes to Savers vision by supporting store planning and development team, and managing store set-up of new store, relocation, expansion and remodel projects. This position reports to the Manager, Store Planning.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage multiple new store, relocation, expansion and remodel projects, to include: pre-planning, document management, quantity take-offs, bidding and management of sites during construction and Furniture, Fixture and Equipment (FFE) installation process
- Review construction documents, fixture plans and merchandising category plans for store construction and FFE installation
- Complete and communicate FFE take-offs on approved construction documents, fixture plans and merchandising category plans
- Solicit and evaluate bids from contractors and vendors
- Coordinate with Project Coordinators on issuance of purchase orders and FFE delivery scheduling
- Receive, unload, stage and assemble FFE for store fixture installations
- Coordinate delivery of Savers supplied equipment to project site
- Oversee and hire on-site labor crew at project sites
- Responsible for complete FFE installations and turnover to Operations team
- Provide progress updates and communicate with Store Planning Manager, Construction Manager, and Operations team
- Complete site visits and site surveys in coordination with Store Planning Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage time and budget to ensure successful project completion
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision
- Ability to make good decisions quickly and delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and vendors
- Ability to read and understand construction documents
- Ability to establish relationships with peers, internal, and external vendors
- Ability to communicate clearly with staff, vendors and crew
- Ability to recognize and correct safety hazards
- Ability to read and understand contracts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- CAD experience helpful
- Demonstrated organization skills in an ever changing environment
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to be detail-oriented
- Ability to think and act as a business owner in the thrift industry
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Associates degree in related field or a combination of High School diploma and work experience
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Able to operate a forklift (training provided)
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Ability to receive detailed information through verbal communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to receive detailed information visually through written communication (both physical and electronic).
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Laptop or desktop computer, phone, copy machine, etc.
- Up to 50% travel.
- Work a flexible schedule during travel
- Travel for extended periods of time in the US and Canada
- Remote – Canada
Page 1 of 2
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.