Warehouse Worker (Recycling Production)
Supports Savers vision by safely handling and sorting material and goods delivered to the Distribution Center from the stores for processing within the distribution center for final shipment to international and domestic customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for reviewing, separating, sorting, processing and bagging specific metal and plastic kitchenware items.
- Responsible for reviewing, separating, sorting, processing and bagging/ bailing specific hard and soft (plush) toys
- Team Member must be able to determine what is saleable, what is recyclable and what needs to be thrown away
- Stacks boxes and/or recyclables on pallets for weight verification
- Maintain receiving logs of inbound freight that is up to date and accurate
- Responsible for ensuring aisles and walk-ways are clean and free from debris
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the workstation for safety and efficient production.
- Ability to follow and work within all company guidelines
- Responsible for loading and unloading recycling product from/ into 53’, 48’, 40 and 28’ tractor trailers
- Other duties assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of OSHA, state and Savers safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to sort several types of recycled material at one time
- Ability to create receiving logs and load sheets
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Minimum Required Education, Training and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dock or warehouse experience a plus
- Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to operate a trailer jack assembly
- Eye-hand coordination to sort and grasp
- Ability to distinguish colors and sizes
- Ability to operate Sit down forklift (standard & clamp), pallet jack or trailer jack assembly.