Who we are:
Value Village is a part of the Savers family of stores. We are a for-profit, global thrift retailer offering great quality, gently used clothing, accessories and household goods. Our Rethink Reuse business model of purchasing, reselling and recycling gives communities a smart way to shop and keeps more than 700 million pounds of used goods from landfills each year. We also help more than 100 nonprofit organizations by purchasing donated goods from them, which provides a source of revenue to help support their vital community programs and services.
We operate over 300 locations. Our brands are Value Village (in Canada and the U.S.), Village des Valeurs (in Quebec), Savers (in the U.S), Unique (in the U.S.) and Savers Australia.
The Merchandise Processor supports the Savers vision by safely handling, separating, sorting and organizing material and goods delivered to the Processing Warehouse from our stores and community partners. We are hiring for multiple positions which may include:
- Merchandise Sorters, Graders and Pricers
- Inventory Receivers, Processors and Stockers
- Material Handlers and Recyclers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and sort several types of material at one time
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
- Ability to be detailed-oriented
- Ability to work within Savers culture
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for separating, sorting, and processing specific merchandise
- Responsible for supplying merchandise to various departments through the day, keeping production flowing.
- Empties recycle and trash bins as required. Moves backstock boxes, bins and barrels as needed. May be required to operate a Baler, an Electric Pallet Jack, Forklift or other equipment to assist with the movement of merchandise.
- Ability to determine what is saleable, what is recyclable and what needs to be thrown away.
- Stacks boxes of merchandise and/or recyclables on pallets for weight verification
- Responsible for ensuring aisles and walk ways are clean and free from debris.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the workstation for safety and efficient production.
- Ability to follow and work within all company safety guidelines.
- Moves and transfers merchandise from trucks and trailers to outbound containers or receiving areas as necessary. Keeps an accurate count of all merchandise that has been transferred.
- Team Members may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by their department lead, supervisor or manager.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Dock or warehouse experience a plus
- Ability to perform basic math calculations at the level normally required in high school
Physical Requirements and Equipment Used:
- Ability to occasionally lift up-to 50lbs
- Ability to pull or push a pallet jack
- Eye-hand coordination to sort and grasp
- Ability to distinguish colors and sizes
- Use Forklift, Pallet Jack, Baler and other equipment within the warehouse
What you can expect:
A commitment to protecting the health and safety of our Team Members. Great benefits, paid training, career development, bonus opportunities, a competitive wage, and a 50% Team Member discount. Our Team is a great one, made up of people from many different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, all with something special to contribute. You’ll positively impact Team Members, Customers, Donors, Your Community, and the Environment.
Savers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Company.
21457 – 115th Avenue NW Edmonton, AB T5S 2B3