Route Truck Driver
Job Title: Route Truck Driver
The Route Truck Driver supports the Value Village vision by operating a truck and transporting merchandise from our centralized production facility to our retail store. Daily functions include truck inspections, picking up and moving small, medium and odd shaped items weighing up to 50 pounds consecutively. In addition, this role will require accurate entry of route data in phone and truck maintenance records.
Essential Job Functions:
- Completing daily route between our production facility and our retail store.
- Safely maneuver and operate a 16’ to 18’ box truck through residential streets and tights spaces
- Understand how to use and follow GPS turn by turn directions
- Communication with dispatch and management with any/all issues on the road
- Complete all required daily paperwork including vehicle inspections (Pre/Post), delivery reports, mileage sheet, and maintenance forms
- Assist other drivers with workload when needed
- Responsible for ensuring that trucks are clean, swept and ready for use at the start of another shift
- Checks vehicles to ensure proper safety and work conditions are in compliance with Value Village policies and local laws. (ie: lights working, damage reported, any/all mechanical issues reported)
- Employment is conditional on receiving a current Driver’s Abstract.
- Report without any violations or accidents within the last three years
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have prior driving experience
- Ability to operate a 16’ to 18’ box truck
- Working knowledge of the local area, safety regulations and requirements
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrate initiative, organizational skills, personal responsibility and accountability.
- Working knowledge of managing phone and operating GPS tools
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to set priorities, be detail-oriented, meet deadlines with flexibility, and multi-task with minimal direction
Required Education, Training, Experience and Availability:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 18 years of age or older
- 2-3 years’ experience driving a 16’ to 18’ box truck
- 3-5 years clean driving record
- Full Time Hours, with occasional overtime
- 5 days on, 2 days off. Schedule may vary.
- Ability to consistently/daily lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to consistently pull or push a pallet jack
- Ability to roll/weigh carts (as needed)
- Ability to get in/out of a 16’ to 18’ box truck safely consistently to complete daily workload