Accounts Payable Specialist (SO2)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Processing of supplier invoices and payment schedule of approved accounts payable – within given TAT
- Accountability for the quality of period end reporting produced by the Finance team and providing assistance to Financial Controller
- Raising and creating of Purchase Orders
- Reconciliation of supplier and related accounts (i.e. Company Credit Accounts, Invoicing, etc.)
- Processing of expense claims, including voucher validation and preparation of approved fortnightly reimbursement payment.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register and depreciation calculations
- Matching of supplier invoices to Purchase Orders and ensuring compliance with the PO.
- Investigating and satisfactorily resolving any variations from the PO
- Ensuring accounts payables are accurately recorded and properly processed according to the establish procedures.
- Delivering consistent and accurate financial reporting by enabling quality results
- Preparing weekly payment schedules
- Ensuring supplier payment terms are maintained and met, and handling of supplier queries.
- Monitoring expense advances and ensuring repayment.
PERSONAL SKILLS & QUALITIES
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong business acumen
- Strong time management with a sense of urgency
- High energy, team orientated
- Precise, accurate, attention to detail a must
- Ability to work unsupervised as an individual contributor
- Must demonstrate initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude – solutions-oriented and results focused
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5+ years of accounts payable experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to work unsupervised and show initiative.
- Preferably with extensive knowledge in any accounting software in any accounting tools
- Advanced EXCEL skills, proficient WORD skills.