Main purpose of the job
As an Accountant you handle, prepare, compute, manage, research and analyze all accounting data, in order to provide quantitative information on performance, financial position, solvency, liquidity and cash flows of our business. You are managing the accounting service (A-Z) for the entities in the Middle East under supervision of the Chief Accountant.
Main responsibilities within the job (non-exhaustive list):
- Management of the general accounting operations and day to day finance activities of all Middle East group entities.
- Manage accounting operations including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, general ledger, inventory accounting and expense recognition.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions, financial control and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings (including VAT) and other regulatory reporting.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts and conduct a formal, timely review.
- Combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyse financial reports and forecasts;
- Responsible for ensuring all cash and bank transactions are entered, reported and reconciled for all Middle East entities.
- Assist in year end statutory reporting and audits, ensuring adherence to year end Group close deadlines.
- Reporting and analysis of the financial results, providing management reports and preparing budget and financial forecasts
- Carrying out daily treasury activities, which include cash management, funding and (preparation of) reporting
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Bachelor Accountancy, OR
- Partly qualified accountant from a professional body
- At least 5 - 7 years of relevant experience (experience in a multinational environment is a plus)
Knowledge and skill
- Languages: English (mandatory)
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and finance principles and procedures.
- Good knowledge of VAT and taxes
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning and project management skills
- Process oriented
- Excellent Excel and MS Office skills (mandatory)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft AX2012 or another accounting software