Senior Systems Engineer (SO2)
The job responsibilities of this Senior Systems Engineer role include, but are not limited to:
• Level 3 support & deployment activities for a broad range of technologies including:
• Windows Server
• Google Cloud/Workspace
• VMware vSphere/ESXi
• Provide support and integration for ongoing project streams
• Proactively drive service delivery in-line with business targets
• Manage, track & report on allocated ICT projects
• Provide Technical guidance to support team members
• Provide support to escalations from the service desk team
• After hours support when required
• Maintain and attain relevant qualifications and certifications related to the role
• Project planning and execution of technical projects aligned to project budget and deliverables.
• Provision of technical consulting and ICT review services to our clients
• Drafting of corresponding reports, incorporating key findings and recommendations
• Identification and scoping of client requirements and translation to technology solutions within client
• Assist with development of proposals to build and deliver proposed technical solutions
• Provide training to team members at tech talks
• Motivate, mentor and respect all IT Team members and encourage knowledge sharing within the
• Business executives and staff at all levels
• Customers, service providers and vendors
• Degree/diploma or equivalent experience
• Microsoft Azure & 365 Certified or equivalent demonstrable experience
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Senior Systems Engineer role in the MSP Industry (Preferable)
• Strong analytical skills with an ability to understand complex information
• Adaptive and able to work under pressure, manage and prioritise multiple tasks
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Excellent Time Management & Project Management Skills
• Advanced Experience with Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Google)
• Advanced Microsoft Server Skills
• Strong Experience with Microsoft Messaging Systems (Office365/Google)
• Strong Experience with Network Firewall, Routing & IPSEC VPNs
• Experience with Microsoft Teams Calling
• Experience in delivering Microsoft Modern Desktop technologies solutions.
Preferred Experience, but not essential
• Enterprise and Campus Wireless Solutions.
• Advanced Networking and WAN Solutions.
• Deployment of SD WAN Solutions.