1.0 The Role
We are looking for a bookkeeper to support our day-to-day accounting activities including A/R, A/P, bank reconciliation, monthly journals entries, general ledger reconciliations, support annual audit, etc. for the entities in the Group. An accounting background and experience in CA & NZ within a multinational company will be looked upon favourably
1.1 Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- End-to-end Accounts Receivable including issuing invoices/credit notes, allocating receipts, managing outstanding debts, reconciling GL with AR subledger.
- End-to-end Accounts Payable including processing suppliers’ invoices, employee reimbursements, payments, reconciling GL with AP subledger.
- Bank reconciliation for the bank accounts.
- Credit card reconciliations.
- Participate in month-end tasks including processing journals (eg. prepayments, accruals etc.)
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Update and maintain the fixed asset register.
- Liaise with external payroll provider to process payroll journals.
- Participate in annual audits and answer the queries from the auditors.
- Ad hoc tasks as requested.
- Min 5+ years’ work experience as a bookkeeper or similar role.
- BSc degree in Accounting.
- Good experience in using QuickBooks online and Xero
- Experience in A/R, A/P, journal preparation, GL reconciliation, month end tasks and dealing with auditors
- Good knowledge of CA & NZ accounting standards and taxation will be looked upon favourably.
- Proactively, self-motivated, willing to learn and have experience in dealing with difficult people.
- Who can start immediately will be looked upon favourably.
- Strong investigation skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both written and verbal in English, and the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Advanced MS Excel skills (pivot tables, VLookUp, sumifs, etc).
- Familiarity with accounting software e.g. QuickBooks. Reckon Accounts.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors.