Accounts Payable Officer (SO2)
Role Accountabilities and Tasks
- Management of domestic (AU and NZ) invoices in the automated accounts payable system (Esker) including validating invoices, work flowing to approvers, matching invoices to purchase orders, scanning for duplicates and ongoing teaching of the system to auto validate future invoices.
- Engage with suppliers to address any concerns regarding reconciliations of accounts.
- Assisting with reconciling international supplier accounts and applying debit notes and rebates where directed.
- Upload payment files to banking software
- Process customer refunds via credit card and direct debit and recording into ERP system for bank reconciliation.
- Foster a positive workplace culture and create a safe work environment
- Behave in a manner that reflects the organization
- Comply with all directions given and do your best work every day
- Treat everyone with respect, especially listening to understand and be cooperative
- Strive to meet all work requirements and continuous improvement
- Be flexible to work until jobs are completed (including overtime where necessary)
- Strive to meet deadlines and work quality expectations
- Keep colleagues and manager informed of work progress and notify them where deadlines will not be met
- Follow through on commitments and confirm when important work tasks are completed
- Demonstrate 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures
- Be proactive in identifying and resolving workplace risks
- Be ethical and follow policies and procedures and not abuse workplace rights (eg personal/sick leave)
- Be responsive to feedback, especially where improvement is required
- Protect the business profits and report irregularities or errors immediately
- Be proactive in identifying/investigating potential hazards, risks or any injuries; and take timely and appropriate action to report, control, rectify and/or monitor hazards or risks as required.
- Ensure all non-work injuries are immediately reported to the Line Manager for the organization to assess the provision of a safe work environment.