L3 SOC Engineer Checkpoint
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Managed Firewalls on Checkpoint & Fortinet
· Managed Networks (Switching, Routing, Wifi)
· Monitoring & Alerting Services
· Excellent Troubleshooting
Strong customer relationships and service will be key to the success of this role and will require a high level of customer focus with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Knowledge of incident response and ability to follow processes a MUST. The role will also encompass assistance with supporting the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the inhouse information systems that support our core organisational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimising all networked hardware and software.
· Provide the 24/7 support with the Manila team relating to escalations and technical inquiries and technical issues concerning Firewall and network hardware, software and problems encountered in a customer network.
· Mentor junior team members
· Evaluate and recommend strategies, operations for monitoring, maintaining, and evolving network and security infrastructure
· Attends maintenance meetings for pending concerns, difficulties encountered in the network, and open tickets issued.
· Coordinates with onshore management team in handling customer-related escalations to resolve any discrepancies in the service agreement and delivery
· Liaise with Vendors on Escalated cases and deal Vendor TAM and/or TAC
· Ensure network systems are compatible and compliance with standards for open systems architectures, International Standards Organization (ISO)
· Research, evaluate, recommend and implement new network and security infrastructure solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Must have recent and significant work experience in a Security company, or MSSP or support/incident response scenario, or similar companies.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years Network Engineering experience with strong network security & routing skills
· Extensive experience with Checkpoint Firewalls for at least 5 years
· Checkpoint CCSE certification highly desirable
· Ideally experience with Fortinet Firewalls
· Proficient in IPsec/VPN, IP/MPLS (Routing & Switching), and with solid Firewall Experience – provisioning, migrating & supporting (preferably Fortinet, however Cisco / Checkpoint / Palo are all acceptable)
· Any Wi-Fi experience highly regarded, as is any experience with Backup, Mail or WAF services and solutions