Accounts Payable Officer (SO2)
- Reconcile supplier statements regarding Freight, Produce Ripening and General Expenses.
- Ensure the timely and accurate coding of invoices and distribute to relevant Managers for review and authorisation for payment
- Timely payment of invoices as per credit terms
- Respond to supplier queries in a timely and professional manner
- Petty cash reconciliation and communicate issues with relevant Managers Management of relationships with suppliers including payment terms and cost saving initiatives
- Regular review of Aged Payable Listing
- Month end accruals, reconciliation and reporting
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Ensure all paperwork is completed, input into the computer system and filed correctly on a daily basis
- Maintain relevant records
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Attend and actively participate in all team meetings, as required.
- This position is required to communicate internally with:
- Finance Department
- Sales and Procurement Divisions
- IT Department
- The position is required to communicate externally with:
- Well developed understanding of Accounts Payable procedures and protocols
- Ability to deal with telephone communication
- Ability to work in a fast paced diverse team environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using a Financial Management or Enterprise Resource Planning System, including data entry, data extraction and maintenance of records. Intermediate level in Microsoft Applications, with particular focus on Excel and Word.