Buyer Planner (SO1)
- This position reports to the Purchasing Manager as well as PO Management team lead and is responsible for timely and accurate product acquisition.
- This position is responsible for processing incoming procurement requirements, auditing bills of material for accuracy and adherence to standard procedure and policy guidelines, initiating procurement activity, scheduling, and monitoring shipments, and expediting delivery of materials to ensure on time program launch and achievement of fulfillment goals.
- The individual in this position must be resourceful, self starting, and assertive in the ownership of their responsibilities, always protecting the interests of the company while simultaneously developing and maintaining excellent working partnerships with the managers, employees, and vendors with whom they must work to be successful.
- The individual in this position must display a positive and energetic demeanor while working in a complex and dynamic business environment and must thrive under the pressures imposed by multi tasking and must be able to work with reasonable supervision.
- To be successful the individual in this position must be a team player, have excellent interpersonal skills, be very organized and detail oriented, and be able to deal effectively with frequently changing priorities and rapid response requirements. This individual must have the ability to evaluate situations effectively, identifying basic issues, fact-finding, prioritizing, and suggesting thoughtful and well-rounded business solutions.
- This position offers significant potential for individual learning and growth, as well as career opportunity.
- Work within cross functional teams to ensure goal alignment, ease of process, profitability, and ultimate customer satisfaction
- Actively partner with BDA preferred vendors to identify and execute opportunities to speed BDA inventory turns through lead-time reduction, scheduled shipments, vendor managed inventory (VMI) etc.
- Identification of vendors or SKU’s where cogs reduction potential exists via negotiation or resourcing of product deeper into supply chain increasing BDA profitability.
- Track cost savings and provide statistical analysis and reports to management and other internal partners.
- Effectively manage category OTB to achieve Sales, Inventory Plan, In Stock %, and Profitability Targets. Monthly OTB due by 5th of month to Corporate Inventory Manager. Monthly category top performers – bottom performers due by 5th of month.
- Develop positive working relationships with vendors to ensure receipt of high quality, defect free products at aggressively negotiated prices. Perform incoming inventory QC.
- Monitor product specification and purchasing requirements for completeness and adherence to BDA procurement standards, policies, and strategic goals. Ensure that all BDA requirements and special terms and conditions are met.
- Following authority level guidelines award and manage orders through post receipt activities including discrepant product disposition, vendor returns, and invoice reconciliation.
- Continuously assess, analyze, and evolve procurement processes and controls to increase results while creating greater ease of process. Drive implementation.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to develop personal skill set.