Financial Accountant (SO2)
About the role.
You’ll be responsible for delivering quality accounting outcomes including the accuracy and completeness of financial information, managing month end processes and the year-end close for a portfolio of clients.
Reporting directly to the Partner or Director in the CFO & Bookkeeping team, the successful incumbent will display sound technical knowledge in all financial aspects and be a strong team player with commitment to work under pressure and contribute to a diverse range of projects.
You’ll be working within a team of Carbonites who are all excellent at what they do, and strive to foster a positive team environment where you’ll be able to thrive.
No two days will be the same, but here’s an insight into what you can expect:
- Client management and liaison
- Financial accounting including month end processes, reviewing journals, profit and loss analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of statutory accounts including consolidation, notes disclosures in accordance with accounting standards
- BAS return lodgement and other tax matters
- Update share-based payment register and fixed assets register
- Prepare weekly and monthly performance reporting
- Additional ad hoc tasks.
- You love a bit of team banter and activities
- You want to be part of the coolest firm in Australia
- You’re keen to join a company that encourage you to define your own career path
Desired skills and experience
We're looking for someone with:
- Tertiary accounting qualification.
- Completed or completing CA/CPA.
- Experience in the preparation of Financial Statements.
- Experience with MYOB/Xero and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work in a team and autonomously.