Accounts Receivable Officer (SO2)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Accounts Receivable / Collections Officer is responsible for ensuring the company receives payments for goods and services and recording these transactions accordingly. They are also responsible for collections and escalation of outstanding accounts receivable dollars from existing client base and all other aspects of collections, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency.
KEY DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that in own area of accountability, GJK complies with all aspects of relevant Health and Safety Legislation applying to the business and employees, including:
- Communicating Work Health and Safety (WHS) information to Employees, contractors and visitors & where applicable authorities,
- Ensuring WHS policies, procedures and reporting systems are workable, compliant and accessible to employees at all levels.
- Complying with any and all WHS reporting requirements for incidents, injuries and near miss events.
- Ensuring Hazards are addressed using the hierarchy of controls.
- Ensuring WHS investigations are undertaken thoroughly to identify and resolve root causes.
- Active participation in the development of a strong safety culture, underpinned by strong communication, sound and appropriate processes and procedures, a non-punitive reporting culture and a focus on hazard identification and reduction at all levels.
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE / COLLECTION
- Allocate daily banking
- Update Top 10 delinquent debtors report
- Maintaining updated to the detailed report alongside the Treasury Manager
- Reconcile Accounts and initiation Collections calls
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Month End Bank reconciliations
- Update Mid-Month forecast report
- Collect and process customer payments
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency and discuss them with management
- Provide the Customer Service Centre with accurate and timely summaries and statements for client reports
- Email Statements to clients at the end of the month
- Prepare monthly Management Reports, including outstanding debtors and actions taken to recover
- Industry relevant experience.
- Knowledge of relevant business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of relevant project management principles and practices
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Preferably formal accounting qualified.
- Communication - Verbal / Written
- Planning and Organising
- Detail and Quality Orientated
- Analytical Reasoning